Laura focuses her talents on providing trademark, copyright, trade dress, domain name, and internet advice, including prosecution and enforcement. She develops and oversees implementation of strategic plans for businesses. She also counsels and represents clients in litigation matters before the courts and inter partes proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. She has initiated and defended proceedings before domain name arbitration panels under the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP).
Laura has been involved with the Philadelphia Chapter of the Copyright Society of the U.S.A. since its formation in the early 1990's, rising to Chapter Chairman in 1999. She served on the Board of Trustees of the Copyright Society of the U.S.A. from 2002 to 2005.
Did You Know?
- Laura successfully defended D. G. Yuengling & Son against a challenge by Molson Breweries to Yuengling’s use of its tagline AMERICA'S OLDEST BREWERY in a widely publicized case before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- She holds an MBTI® certification and has represented the trademark and copyright interests related to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® instrument in various capacities since 1990.
- She is a graduate of the 1971 class of the Sears School for Young Charmers, although many find this fact hard to believe.
- Laura is a Zumba® fitness enthusiast and an occasional quilter.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- The Supreme Court of the United States
- The Copyright Society of the U.S.A.
- The International Trademark Association
- The Pennsylvania Bar Association
"[Laura] continues to be a trusted and respected adviser. She is a great resource and her practical, business-oriented and legally astute advice is invaluable. She is thoughtful and deliberate with her recommendations. She understands commercial objectives and cost restraints, and proposes sound solutions."
- World Trademark Review 2015